Human can survive without food for several weeks, because their body will gradually switch to using stored fat and protein to make its energy. But cut off one’s water supply and they’ll be dead within days. Water equals to life, and it’s as simple as that. Water is obviously life-saving and necessary but pure drinking water is essential. Thus, buy the best water purifier for home and stay healthy. Generally people are continually facing a challenging situation when it comes to choose a water purifier, as every day new products are added to the list.
How it Works?
- Physical filtration – Itinvolves straining water to remove larger impurities. In other words, a physical filter is likely a glorified sieve that maybe a piece of thin gauze or a very fine textile membrane.
- Another method of filtration, chemical filtration, involves passing water through an active material that removes impurities chemically as they flows through.
Reverse osmosis or RO is a technology based process of forcing contaminated water through a membrane at pressure, so the water passes through but the pollutants remain behind. It involves a simple water purification mechanism. There are number of components involved in a RO purifier. The functions of those components is to play an integral part in the RO system are as below:
- Pre-filters- Reverse Osmosis Pre-Filters remove dirt, chlorine content and other sediments present in water to protect the membranes from damage.
- Reverse Osmosis Membrane – RO Membrane serves the purpose of removing all sorts of pollutants in water. Water enters into the storage tank after this filtration stage.
- Storage tank – This tank purified treated water. The storage capacity of the purifiers differs, that is why buyer need to check the usage before making the final decision.
- Post-filters – Before water stored in that storage tank passes through the Reverse Osmosis faucet, here it enters through the final post-filters. It is basically a carbon filter. Carbon filters remove bad smells from the water that we drink and also improves the taste of water.
- Drain line – The drain line is mainly used to drain out the waste water. It consists of dirt and other contaminants.
- Ultra Violet disinfection – Ultra Violet disinfection usually involves a UV lamp which provides pure and safe drinking water. The high powered UV light used in this process is also known as UV-C or germicidal UV. These rays have the capability to kill 99.9% of the germs. As like chemical disinfection, the harmful microorganisms are unable to develop against UV light.
- Ultra Filtration– Ultra-Filtration technology uses hydrostatic pressure to force water against a semi-permeable membrane, which has the ability to remove bacteria and different types of microorganisms and also bad odour in the water. It is not very different from RO process, micro filtration or Nano Filtration, except in terms of the molecule’s size it retains. It mainly removes colloids, pathogens, bacteria, and other molecules that are larger than the size of the pores in the semi-permeable membrane.
Thus, for those aforesaid reasons RO based water purifier grab the market of Water Purifier nowadays.